Heimgard Technologies AS (“Heimgard Technologies” or “We” or “Us”) offers an Internet of Things (“IoT”) platform allowing you to control your IoT devices, either locally or through the internet, hereafter referred to as the “Service”.
- The Heimgard Technologies IoT platform consists of three main components;
- The hub communicating with your IoT devices
- The app controlling the hub
- The cloud solution relaying data from your app to your hub when you are away from your local network, and storing anonymous usage data.
We take your security and privacy seriously. Heimgard Technologies policy is to make it as difficult as possible to abuse your personal data. We do this through the following means:
- Our authorization system does not require personal information in order to function. To enable extra functionality (like push notifications), the users may provide some personal information.
- We strive not to store any of our users personal data (including, but not limited to, name, phone number, home address and email) or other data that could be used to identify users in our cloud solution. Due to this caution it is not possible for Heimgard Technologies to sell or abuse your personal information or to lose it in case of a break in.
- Any transfer of personal information is encrypted, end-to-end, through the cloud solution. Such information may only be decrypted by the sender or the recipient, making it impossible for our cloud or anyone else to obtain the information.
Some functionality is not possible to provide without storing personal information in the cloud, e.g. to provide an SMS push notification on your phone when your hub is offline. Thuswe need to obtain and store your phone number. All such functionality is enabled only with your prior consent.
1 When Heimgard Technologies processes personal data and for what purposes
Heimgard Technologies uses a pre-shared generated encryption called public key cryptography. This means that you may use the Service without registering an account or supplying Heimgard Technologies with personal information such as name, contact information etc.
However, even though the use of the Service does not require an account, Heimgard Technologies may in some circumstances, as described above, collect information that may identify you. The purposes of collecting such information are in particular:
- to fulfil our agreement with you, i.e., to enable you to use the Service.
- to improve our services, the content of the App and other relevant platforms, including collection and processing of personal data to provide you with statistics, administration, and marketing of the Service.
- to respond to your questions or inquiries.
- to send you push notifications through the Service, in the app, or through email or SMS notifications that you have signed up for.
- to notify you of new and/or other services from Heimgard Technologies.
- to comply with all applicable rules and regulations; and
2 What kind of information we collect
The types of personal information Heimgard Technologies may collect is name, physical address, email address, phone number and other contact information. Heimgard Technologies may also collect your IP address and other information about your unit for administration purposes.
3 Legal basis
Processing your personal data requires your consent or other legal basis. Consent to processing may be given upon request from Heimgard Technologies and/or by your voluntarily submittal of the information to Heimgard Technologies.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us or by changing your settings in the Service.
Certain use of the Service may be dependent on Heimgard Technologies processing of personal information, upon your consent, and that a withdrawal of consent may make it impossible for Heimgard Technologies to provide the Service, partly or completely.
Heimgard Technologies only retains your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) as mentioned above.
4 Third Party Services – Disclosure of personal data
5 Protection of your personal data
Heimgard Technologies takes the privacy rights of its users seriously and has taken reasonable steps to protect the user’s privacy, including physical, technical, and organizational measures, to prevent loss, alterations, theft and unauthorized access to information.
7 Your rights
You have the right to request access to your personal data stored by Heimgard Technologies in relation to the Service. You may ask Heimgard Technologies to delete your personal data. However, this may result in partial or complete malfunction of the Service.
Heimgard Technologies AS
Post Office box 1618 Vika
0119 OSLO, Norway
Last updated: Nov 11 2021